Wednesday, March 20, 2013

30 & 31

I am 31!

Last year we had a lot going
on around my birthday, including
a hectic grad school schedule (for me)
and work schedule (for Jake), and
packing up our apartment to move.

So this year we celebrated
two birthdays in one: 30 and 31.
It was big and it was awesome!

The "pre-birthday" festivities included:

A fun girls night with friends
where we made our own
chocolates at Farris and Foster's.


Opening a package from my mom,
which included this cute photo album
with pictures from every birthday so far.


Opening my first round of 
gifts from Jake, and celebrating
my first birthday with my son.


The "day-of-birthday" festivities included:

Relaxing on a cruise (more on that here),
including sleeping in, a head/neck massage, 
hot-tubbing, unlimited soft serve ice cream, 
dinner (complete with cake), and a show!





Plus, more gifts from Jake (not pictured).

The "post-birthday" festivities included:

A day at the Atlantis resort in the Bahamas.
I especially enjoyed the "not-so-lazy-river"
and the Leap of Faith water slide,
which drops straight through a shark tank.

A few days at Disneyworld
(along with a season pass to go back).


And more packages!


Not to mention numerous phone calls,
text messages, e-mails, and Facebook
posts wishing me a happy birthday.

Needless to say,
I was really spoiled this year.
I will never forget this birthday, and
have to say thanks to Jake and both of
our moms for making it so special.

No comments: