Sunday, August 28, 2011

The end of an era

On July 8, 2011 we gathered
with 1 million other people
(no joke) to watch the NASA's 
last and final space shuttle launch.
10
...
9
...
8
...
7
...
6
...
5
...
4
...
3
...
2
...
1
...
Blastoff!





As you can see, it was a cloudy day.
And we weren't super close.
But I still got chills.
It was an amazing sight,
and I'm sad we won't be seeing it again.

The drive home was comical.

I had only slept 4 hours the night before,
as I'd been up cleaning for guests.
However, the other 3 occupants
in the car had slept even less than me:
Jake had worked all night
and our friends had taken a red-eye
from Salt Lake to be there.

So I was the designated driver.
They all slept,
and I spent 3 hours 
in slow and go traffic singing,
dancing, and pinching myself
to stay awake.
Totally worth it.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

oh i'm so very jealous!!! that would have been amazing to see! thanks for the picts!

Hannah said...

I so wish I was in the car watching you sing yourself awake! haha!