Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sethelope

This is Seth:

And this is Deborah:
Seth calls her Penelope.

So together, they are "Sethelope."
(Are you following me?
If not, see his explanation)

On August 5, 2011
they got married in the Bountiful temple:

And we got to be there!
It was a gorgeous day,
and a classy and beautiful wedding
of two special people.

In addition to the wedding day, we got
to spend time with Sethelope in July
when they came to visit us in Orlando.

Highlights included:

Going to Cocoa Beach
for the space shuttle launch.
(And some Florida beach fun)

Meeting Wolverine at Universal Studios.

Disney's not the only place
where dreams come true.

Jake and Seth's hair after riding
the Dragon Challenge roller coaster.

Devouring this feast, including Butterbeer,
at the Three Broomsticks Pub
in Harry Potter World.

Mailing some of their wedding
invitations from the Owlery in Hogsmeade.

A midnight snack at Jake's hospital.

Dinner at PF Changs.
The coolest part (besides free lettuce wraps)?
We ordered different things, but
our checks had the exact same total.

I think it's a sign that we were
meant to be friends. Thanks for some
great memories Sethelope!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

First of all, why does he call her peneolpe? I didn't want to read his explanation.... haha!!

Second of all, the food from HP land looks AMAZING! I am glad you got to take them there :) I know you worked hard to make it happen!

Third of all, how did you get free lettuce wraps? I need your secret! I love that you and Jake got excited about the same total amount. I bet he talked about that for a good while! hahaha!

Bethany said...

So much for my easy link Hannah! Short story is they met online and she didn't want to reveal her real name at first, so he decided he would call her Penelope. And the name stuck.

The free lettuce wraps was going on in July. You had to "like" PF Changs on FB and then you'd get a coupon for free lettuce wraps. They were yummy! I find out about a lot of freebies on www.hip2save.com. So spend lots of time on the internet. That's my secret. :)

Unknown said...

This post is ridiculously cute, if I say so myself. It was such an excellent week with you two in Orlando and our wedding would have been seriously deficient without you. Thank you foe coming and for driving us around and for being our very good friends. Visit soon so that we can return the favor!!