Saturday, May 3, 2014

Second Pregnancy

Life gets busy, and we took a lot
less pregnancy pictures this time around
than we did with Corbett. But here
are a few, along with some details
about my second pregnancy.

Weeks: 4
Occasion: Our anniversary, and the
day I found out I was pregnant
Location: Siesta Key, FL


Weeks: 22
Occasion: Christmas
Location: Salt Lake City, UT


Weeks: 29
Occasion: Family Beach Vacation
Location: Siesta Key, FL

Weeks: 33
Occasion: My sister-in-law 
asked to see a belly photo
Location: My bathroom

Weeks: 38
Occasion: In labor!
Location: My bathroom

This pregnancy was pretty similar
to my first. I started feeling sick around
week 8 and started feeling better around 
week 14. I only threw up once.

I can't say I had any major food
aversions or cravings this time around.
I ate because I needed to, but food
in general did not taste as good
as it does when I am not pregnant.

Total weight gain was 30 pounds
(more than I gained with Corbett).

Once again, I measured small and
so I had to have a few extra ultrasounds.
Both times the fluids looked great and
the baby was growing normally.


The only major difference between
this pregnancy and the last one was that
I had "bacne" (acne on my back) for the
first half of the pregnancy. It was a little
painful, but eventually went away.
I wondered if that difference meant I 
was having a girl this time...

I definitely started feeling more
tired towards the end, and started 
taking daily naps when Corbett napped.
This pregnancy also felt longer than
my first, even though it ended up being
a week and a half shorter.

Overall, I feel blessed that I had
such an uneventful pregnancy and 
that I felt pretty great for most of it.
That being said, I am enjoying not
being pregnant anymore!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

sistra! you are a gorgeous pregnant woman!!! you look so lovely!! you carry babies well! So glad that you're doing so well! i hope you're getting some sleep! i wish i could come help you box things... maybe if you came closer this way... see you soon??