Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Walking!

March was a month of movement. As 
if learning to swim wasn't challenging enough, 
Corbett decided to start walking as well.
He was never really that interested in crawling, 
and reached a point where all he wanted 
to do was grab my fingers and walk around the
house with my help. Thankfully for my back, 
Corbett took his first official steps on March 20th 
(the night before his 10 month birthday),
and has been going ever since! 

Here is a video timeline of his progression:

1. Walking between mom and dad

2. Walking from standing position to mom or dad

3. Walking away from mom or dad, but always 
coming back (the "boomerang" stage)

4. Walking away from mom or dad
and never looking back!

It has been so fun to watch our son
become more confident and independent. He 
seems so much happier now that he can 
walk and explore on his own, and I am loving 
this stage. I just hope to enjoy it for a 
bit longer before he figures out what's next:
RUNNING!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Man is he cute! I'm so glad you documented all of those walks because they are priceless!