Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sister Sue

This is my sister, April:

She recently turned 21, and is now
serving a mission for our church
in San Jose, California.

For the next 18 months, she
will be known as Sister Poulter
(although she'll always be
"Sister Sue" to me).

Before she left on her mission,
she came and visited us in
Florida, along with my parents
and younger brother Adam.

As a future missionary, her
main vacation request was to go to 
the Orlando temple, and we obliged.

But then it was time for some fun!
(Not saying the temple's not fun,
but just thought she should
see some other things while here)

We went to Cocoa Beach and
tried to watch one of the last
shuttle launches, but it was 
canceled at the last minute,
due to some technical difficulties.

No problem, we still enjoyed 
relaxing and playing at the beach.

I think our sand castle for Flat Stanley
could have used the help of a few
5 year olds, but still...not too shabby!

Then it was off to Disneyworld.
We did 3 parks in 2 days.

Adam and I at Hollywood Studios.

The whole gang at Epcot.

Enjoying the Flower and Garden
Festival at Epcot.

Fierce Vikings at Epcot!

Italian birthday dinner.

Happy 21st April!
We'll miss you and will
see you next year!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

She'll be oh so close to me! When she finds out where she is going first in San Jose let me know, my old colleg roommate is there and will take care of her!

Kevin and Eliza said...

That is super exciting. I don't think I had even heard that she was going on a mission. Looks like you all had some fun times before she left.

Hannah said...

I am glad you got to the F&G before it ended :) It is such a great event!

The viking picture is priceless. One of the best photo ops in the entire park!

Bethany said...

Tammy, her first area is Livermore (although she lives in a place called Springtown). Does that sound familiar? I will keep you posted as I know more!