Sunday, March 13, 2011

29 for reals

January 21st came and went again this year.
This is the ONLY year I'll be able to say 
that I'm 29 (that magic number that people pretend
to be every year after they turn 30) and mean it.

Since Jake and I celebrated my birthday last year in
New Orleans, we decided to have a 
New Orleans style celebration again this year.

We made beignets and hot chocolate for breakfast
(notice the cute bouquet of flowers from Jake).


Jake surprised me with dinner at a fancy
New Orleans style restaurant at Universal's City Walk
called Emiril's.  I enjoyed some delicious seafood.


Jake was a good sport and accompanied me
to get a pedicure, the only thing I really
wanted for my birthday.  


I wish I had taken a picture of Jake taking
a nap in the massage chair next to me!

Anyway, it was a great birthday.
Thanks to Jake for making it so special, 
and thanks to all my friends and family
for the phone calls, cards, and gifts!



4 comments:

WonderKitty said...

I didn't even know it was your birthday! Hopefully I will remember from now on....or at least use facebook to remind me :) Happy birthday!!

Andrea said...

what are 'beignets' did I spell that right? I'm so glad it was so lovely!!! I know I'm going to be one of those... only I'm going to remain 27. I liked 27.... happy b-day again!!!

Kevin and Eliza said...

Happy late B-day. Sounds like a lot of fun. I think you hubby is definitely a keeper (I don't know too many other hubbys that would go with their wife to have her get pedicure!!)

Hannah said...

I'm with Lena... Didn't know it was the big day until after the fact... :( I gotta get better at this whole "Let's keep in touch" thing...