Sunday, January 25, 2015

The Best Way to Turn 33

I have to say, my birthday was so 
great this year. Jake was on a busy month 
in the PICU, so my expectations were 
very low. So it was a great surprise when 
I found out he took MLK day off to 
celebrate my birthday (a few days early)!

First, he arranged to watch the kids
while I went to a surprise breakfast at
the Mad Hatter with some friends.
Heck, I didn't even know I had this 
many friends here in Durham!

(From left: Cassie, Charisse, Jessica, 
Stephanie, Cabrina, me, Melissa & Janssen)

In the afternoon, he arranged for me
to have a nap and then we went to 
Cheesecake Factory as a family.
I ordered my favorite avocado rolls,
and got a darling mini Sundae for
dessert (since I don't like cheesecake).



(outside the restaurant)

On the 21st, I held a playgroup at my 
house and had quite the turnout! At one
point I counted 12 moms and over 30 kids.
I bought a Publix cookie cake to share,
and picked up a new flavor of Bluebell.


After the crowd left, my friend Melissa
stayed and put our kids to work sanitizing
the toys. We had lunch and a nice chat.


When Jake got home, we ate dinner and 
opened presents, and Corbett sang 
"Happy Birthday" to me about 7 times. 

(note how he says, "To Bethany")

I can honestly say this was the best 
birthday I've had in a long time.

No comments: