Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Our Cotton Anniversary

We celebrated two years on August 21st.  
A lot has changed since we got married.
Except for our clothes, apparently.


Jake surprised me by recreating our first date
(on December 28, 2009) in Park City, UT.

First stop, Red Banjo pizza.
We requested to eat downstairs, and
no one else was there so we had the place
to ourselves. We ordered the same meal we had
on our first date: salad and the Flagstaff pizza
(pepperoni, mushrooms, and olives),
with no cheese on half.
It was delicious.

The exact spot where we ate in 2009
(the tables have moved since then).

Next stop, Java Cow Coffee & Ice Cream.
We didn't actually get ice cream this time, but
we were able to snap a shot on the cow bench
where we sat and talked that first night.


Then we walked over to the Spur Bar & Grill.
Unfortunately, it was closed, but we 
peered through the window at our booth
and reminisced about the live music
and great conversation we enjoyed there.


Then we strayed from our first date theme
and stopped at Yogurtland for some dessert.
When we got home, my brothers were waiting
for us and we played some Super Mario Bros
on the Wii.  Jake will never forget when I
invited him in and he had to face four of my six
brothers on our very first date.  "Bubble up!"

Jake gave me a beautiful bouquet of roses,
cotton pajamas, and a certificate to have my
wedding rings soldered together. I gave him
cut up pieces of his old t-shirts (romantic, huh?),
out of which I will be making him a t-shirt quilt.


Thanks to Jake for planning such a 
great night, and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

2 comments:

Jena said...

So so fun! And I can't get over that dress! So pretty!

Hannah said...

I love how intense your first date was! Love love love it!