Monday, March 26, 2012

Spring Break

We decided to stick around Florida
this year for Spring Break (that and the doctors
in my life kept insisting that it's a bad idea to leave
 the country in the 3rd trimester).

Before we left town, I spent two days
holed up at home writing a research paper.
After that was out of the way, Jake sent me
off to get a prenatal massage (isn't he the best?)
and then we hit the road to St. Augustine, FL.

St. Augustine is considered the oldest
continuously occupied city in the U.S., and
turned out to be the perfect place for us
to sight-see and relax.

Highlights include:

1) The Lighthouse
 View from the bottom

View from the middle

 View from the top

2) The Beach

 

3) The Food
 Breakfast served on our porch each morning

Romantic dinner at "Caps on the Water"

The Hyppo, a gourmet Popsicle shop
(where we easily dropped $20 in one day)

4) The Entertainment
We watched "The Artist" in an old-time
movie theater, which had probably been
around since Ponce de Leon.

 I finally had time to read a book!
Loved the porch swing at the B&B.

Jake rocked the robe and was able
to watch some basketball games
in comfort and style.  :)

5) The Town
 View of Flagler College (once the grand
Ponce de Leon Hotel).

Checking out the Old Fort.

6) The Views
Sunrise

Sunset

Moon-gazing

It was the perfect little getaway
before our lives change forever...
Until next time, St. Augustine!

5 comments:

Hannah said...

You really did take advantage of your break! I love it! You know, I am so glad that you are taking your master's so seriously and I have to say, I have no doubt that you have learned a million times more than I did in my program because you aren't so distracted. I am very very proud of you!
It makes me happy that you get to spend time with your husband, that you appreciate the geek within him, that you love each other for all that you are/aren't, that you enjoy being around each other. It warms my heart. It makes me even more excited (is that possible???) for marriage :)
You make me smile! I am SO glad that we became friends!!!

mj said...

Lovely! And I saw it...I really, truly saw a bump. I'm amazed. And now completely satisfied. :)

Unknown said...

We spent a couple days in St. Augustine and loved it! Glad you're having fun pre-baby :)

Tammy said...

Your last few pictures had me singing some Fiddler on the Roof... sounds like you had a great time! You should have come to brilliant No California... I miss you!

Kevin and Eliza said...

How fun! That is great you actually had time to read a book. You look great!